Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lil Red Riding Hood Cookies

I took a cookie decorating class to learn a few more tricks. I found it frustrating to be handed a piece of sugar sheet & told to "put it on my basket" without more instructions. Sometimes there is a lot of presumption on what students know! Luckily the little gal across the table & I were able to figure it out. Oh, and the stuff is breakable, so if you ever use it, don't fold it...... :)

We decorated "Little Red Riding Hood" cookies & I enjoyed the new tricks I learned. I love using the decorator bags for piping on the thick icing, but flooding the cookies just really doesn't work well with the bags. I think if I continue the cookie decorating I'm going to invest in a few bottles. The other students didn't have near the problems I had! But it was fun anyways.

I got my cookies home safely and I offered my son's girlfriend a cookie before thinking to take a picture. The missing ax was glittery-shiny before she ate it. I had to stop at the liquor store to buy some vodka for mixing my new edible glitters!


No comments:

Post a Comment