Sunday, July 24, 2011

Creating Flowers on Cupcakes



So this class we are to bring in 6 cupcakes and pre-colored frosting (Dk.Blue, Lt.Blue, Pink, Green, White), all in specified amounts. I'm not sure our instructor had a clear view on where we were going with this project. She had us frost all our cupcakes and then had us practice the flowers we had just learned to create. Talk about some UGLY cupcakes! *L* The best part about this lesson was learning how to stuff them. Yummy!




I had tons of extra pink & blue frostings left when I got home so I practiced my two favorite flower cupcakes, just to prove it wasn't all me! They turned out really pretty, but if I'm going to be making cupcakes with this much frosting I will HAVE to find a lighter frosting. The recipe I use is yummy, and not super rich, but still....

No comments:

Post a Comment